Administrative Note. Building an Empire!


Well, not really…but building I’ve been more present online for awhile, a bit introspective for a bit and then more outward focused and things have really changed over the years. It was a lot to figure out, from school, to career, to what I wanted to do with running. It takes time and I’ve learned to be patient. Dreams don’t happen overnight. I’ve gotten through a lot and I’d like to keep my projects growing and share them.
Since I want to grow this into an overall fitness blog, I’m moving some things and this week is just going to be organizing some stuff. Next week, it’s hopefully back to normally scheduled programming.
I find that recording my progress keeps me organized and focused. For this reason, I want to put some more effort into my blog and portfolio. My main focus is my degree and career. I find that by having this base, everything else falls into place. I’ve always done my best when I have school and work to focus on. It keeps me scheduled and busy.
Anyway, I’m in the middle of a domain transfer for KimberlyDuclos.com that I currently have directed here. This will be my professional portfolio. I’m in IT and building a programming portfolio (which will take some time to fill out!). I’d like to keep career and education over on my name domain and health and fitness here; of course, referencing each other here and there. The reason for the separation is that a programmer needs to just put his or her work out there so it can speak for itself. Sure, outside activities can display who you are as a person to an employer, but first and foremost, they want to know your job skills…obviously. Your boss doesn’t really care if you win a marathon when it comes to work. If I wanted running as a career, I’d have a degree in Exercise Science, Nutrition or the like. But outside of the physical activity, that’s not my passion; just a hobby and a way to stay healthy and I happen to be pretty good at it . Coach suggested some books for me to tackle in that area. I figured I should learn how I work because it’s probably pretty fascinating.
Here at the Hundo40, I’m expanding into more stats, cross training and diet. I’m going to begin working with a nutritionist soon. With age, comes wisdom I guess and I’m sure there will be some great recipes and progress stats to report on!
I’ve been experimentally building and networking on my social media accounts lately too, using some basic strategies to build numbers and then connecting with locals and people of similar goals in career, education, fitness, and health. Those still need a bit of work but I plan on attending a few upcoming digital marketing courses in Denver and Boulder to perfect that area. There’s some excellent Meet-Ups here too for marketing and coding that I’ve registered for. The ultimate goal is to connect with other Software Engineers for job prospects and other fitness and nutrition gurus to just keep learning in some areas I’ve neglected. I never really paid attention to social media outside of random posting and lurking, but it’s a great networking tool for the direction I’m headed.
So, what’s coming up… Still running, working, studying blah blah blah and the updates will continue with a double header next week after I plan it out better. It’s a learning-on-the-job type of deal with all this! I’m not afraid to see what works and what doesn’t! Mistakes mean progress and I really want to expand my knowledge on self-promotion and connecting with others via these methods. I’m super excited to be working toward my dreams and want to share them. …The biggest one is on the back burner now, but it’s in line after my portfolio, blog make-over and completing math and C++ goals. I’m really excited about this project as it combines running, networking, blogging and coding. Patience though!
And if there’s typos…blame day one of keto. Ooof that adjustment period!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lot Can Happen in A Year!

Recap: 1.30.17 – 2.5.17 (G.O.A.T edition)

Recap: Week of 1.23.17 – 1.29.17